TLC for Research Methods
In collaboration with Dr. Ryan Winter, the Center for Academic Success has developed a new pilot program for students enrolled in Research Methods II. These workshops are dedicated to strengthening students’ skills in critical reading, statistics, and APA formatting. There will be 6 sessions throughout the semester. The topics will be an extension to what Dr. Winter will be covering in class.
You can choose one, two, or choose to visit them all! Please read the expectations of the workshops before registering below:
- Be prepared. Bring your textbook, syllabus, laptop and any pertinent materials related to the pace of the course. Rough drafts and data sets will be extremely helpful.
- Be on time. Sessions are one hour in length. The tutors need all of this time in order to provide each participant with the necessary attention and detail to his/her progress.
- COMMUNICATE. This is the first time TLC for Research Methods is offered, hence the term “pilot program.” We would like as much feedback as possible respective to whether this is helping your understanding of the course.
- Be responsible. Once you register for a workshop at our CfAS you are reserving a place that no other student can take. Be considerate with these workshops. Keep your Panther ID handy when you arrive. You must enter your information at the front area of the Center. Make sure that your tutor records your attendance. At the end of the semester these records will be submitted to Dr. Winter.
- Click here to REGISTER.
- On the registration page, select the SET you want or have been assigned.
- Fill in all personal information, then select the section which suits you best.