Extra Credit in EDP 3004 and EDF 3251
The Center for Academic Success offers workshops in Reading Enhancement through application of various samples via your education courses. These workshops are designed to make you better readers as the volume of information increases throughout the semester. They are structured for small groups of students to facilitate in-depth application of these strategies. Individual sessions are available for students who would like one-to-one feedback. These sessions can be made on a walk-in basis, or by appointment. Also remember that these services are free of charge, and are created to make you better students. Below are the guidelines for the extra credit in Dr. Jacobson’s.
- Be prepared. Bring your textbook, syllabus, and any pertinent materials related to your class. Any forms of assessment are extremely helpful.
- Be on time. Sessions are one hour in length. While workshops consist of eight students, our tutors need all of this time in order to provide each participant with the necessary attention and detail to his/her progress.
- Be consistent. In order to receive the ? credit points, you must complete all five sessions throughout the semester. This is an opportunity for you to earn more points for your class. Sessions cannot be skipped, missed, or partially completed.
- Be receptive. You will receive a variety of strategies, graphic organizers, mnemonics, and study rubrics throughout these sessions. Not all of them may apply to EDP 3004/EDF 3251, but they may be useful in another course. Keep these in your ‘grammar repertoire‘ and ask your tutor questions.
- Be responsible. Once you register for a workshop at our Center you are reserving a place that no other student can take. Be considerate with these workshops. Keep your Panther ID handy when you arrive to the CfAS. You must enter your information at the front area of our Center, and make sure that your tutor records your attendance. At the end of the semester these records will be submitted to Dr. Jacobson.
3 Easy steps to Registering
- Click here to REGISTER.
- On the registration page, select the SET you want or have been assigned.
- Fill in all personal information, then select the section which suits you best.